We ship daily via UPS Ground, Fed Ex Ground, AIT Worldwide Freight, Road Runner Freight, Priority Freight and Saia Freight to the lower 48 states. Most all orders will ship the same day as ordered if the order is submitted before 1 pm PST. Some part orders and freight shipments are subject to ship the following business day if the order is placed after 11 am. There are no guaranteed transit times. We are not responsible for any delays in transit. If you wish to receive your item by a guaranteed delivery date, expedited shipping options are available.
Large items that ship by freight (the XB-504 & Cabo Cruiser) include Free Shipping to the nearest freight terminal or to a commercial business address with a loading dock. (Home businesses do not qualify as a business address, business addresses must be to a commercial business location). A business address must have a loading dock to qualify for free shipping also, if it does not then they must pay the additional $30 fee for lift-gate delivery. Schools, resorts, camp grounds and hotels do not qualify for business delivery and may require additional shipping. Port/pier/dock deliveries are also subject to additional shipping. Locations with limited access may require addition shipping fees. Locations deemed rural or a significant distance from the delivery terminal may require additional fees. If your shipping address is to one of these locations your order will be placed on hold if additional shipping is required and you will be contacted for additional payment for those fees.
Home delivery of freight orders is an additional $50 per order, not per item. This includes delivery to the customer’s residence outside/curbside to ground level. It does not include inside delivery or delivery inside an apartment complex to upper or lower levels. We strongly suggest customers pay for home delivery of these large freight items unless they are prepared to drive to the nearest terminal and load / unload these large heavy items themselves. The closest terminal may be more than 30+ miles away from the customer’s residence if they do not live in a major city where the carrier selected for shipping has a terminal for pick up. We will automatically ship any terminal pick up shipment to the terminal that is less than 30 miles distance from the customer. If it is more than that you will be contacted with terminal information so that you can inform the customer and they can confirm they still wish to pick up. If the customer wishes to change to residential delivery after an item has shipped, there are additional fees subject to be charged besides the standard $50 fee.
Any freight delivery that is not picked up at the terminal or refused by the customer is subject to all shipping charges (original charges that are included in purchase price and return shipping costs) being withheld from the refund. A 15% restocking fee may also apply.
A phone number is required by the freight company so a delivery appointment can be made. Failure to provide this at the time of order may cause a delay in delivery as freight items will not be delivered without a scheduled appointment made with the shipping carrier. A delay in delivery may also cause additional storage fees to accrue that will need paid prior to delivery.
An additional $50 freight delivery fee is charged for shipping to New York City (Zip codes ending in 100-104, 110-119, 150-196), Martha’s Vineyard and any island delivery within the 48 contiguous United States. A $100 freight delivery fee is also charged for shipping to any of the Florida Keys (includes zip codes 33040 & 33037).
Shipping cost is determined by 4 factors: ground, freight, delivery location, and zip code.
$0.00 Extra Cost = If item being shipped within 48 states is a part. These ship via USPS, UPS or FedEx.
If unit is shipped within 48 states by ground via UPS or FedEx.
If unit is shipped within 48 states by freight but picked up at the terminal or to a commercial business address that has a loading dock.
$30.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipped within 48 states by freight to a business address that does not have a loading dock and requires a lift-gate for delivery.
$50.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipped within 48 states by freight home delivery to customer’s residence.
If unit is shipped by freight to terminal or a business address with loading dock in NYC Area, Martha’s Vineyard or Island Delivery within 48 contiguous United States.
$80.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipped by freight to business address without loading dock and requires a lift-gate for delivery in NYC Area, Martha’s Vineyard or Island Delivery within 48 contiguous United States.
$100.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipped by freight home delivery to NYC Area, Martha’s Vineyard or Island Delivery within 48 contiguous United States.
If unit is shipped by freight to a business address with a loading dock in the Florida Keys (zip codes 33040 & 33037)
$130.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipped by freight to a business address that does not have a loading dock and requires a lift-gate for delivery in the Florida Keys (zip codes 33040 & 33037)
$150.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipped by freight home delivery in the Florida Keys (zip codes 33040 & 33037)
$200.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipping to Canada by freight home delivery. Shipping only, customs & duties are paid by the recipient. See section on Canada for more info.
$400.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipping to Canada by ground (FedEx or UPS). Includes customs & duties fees. See section on Canada for more info.
RECEIVING AND INSPECTING FREIGHT SHIPMENTS.
When you receive your shipment, ask the carrier the following questions:
- Is it damaged? Do not sign the receipt before inspecting for damage. Check for holes, water stains, and tears. Pick up cartons if you can. Check for rattling. Listen for something broken inside. Check to see if any packages have been opened or if the sealing tape has been tampered with.
- Is the piece count correct? Count the pieces and match the number on the delivery receipt to the number you have counted. If the shipment is on a pallet, check to make sure the pallet is solid with no voids inside the stack. If the shipment is shrink or stretch wrapped, make sure the wrap hasn't been cut and pieces removed. Sign only for the type of unit you receive. For example: two pallets. Don't sign for the number of packages that are supposed to be on the pallet. However, if time permits or the pallet is not banded or shrink wrapped, count the packages, and only then sign for the number of packages.
If your delivery doesn't check out, do the following:
- If only partially damaged or short, accept it and note exceptions on the delivery receipt. Do not refuse the shipment.
How to note exceptions:
- Damage Notations: Be specific. Describe the damage accurately. Pinpoint the locations of all defects.
- Shortage Notations: If part of shipment is missing, write the number of pieces actually delivered on the delivery receipt and circle it. Then write down the number of pieces missing and note them as "short."
- Signatures: Write down all exceptions on both copies of the delivery receipt. Have the driver sign both copies of the delivery receipt in his full name (not initials or nicknames). After the driver signs, you sign also.
We currently have no units available to ship to an APO address. For parts shipments, please contact Customer Care for a quote.
ALASKA & HAWAII SHIPPING
We do not ship to anywhere in Africa, Singapore, Greece, United Arab Emirates, Indonesia or Israel
Note to international customers: You are responsible for any and all duties or taxes that may apply. (see details below).
Customs, Duties, and Taxes
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to customs brokerage fees, import duties, and taxes after the shipment reaches the destination country. Additional charges are the responsibility of the recipient because we have no control over these government-imposed charges and cannot determine what they may be. Customs policies vary greatly among countries. Therefore, we cannot, and will not, offer advice about taxes in your country. We report the amount of the sale on the Customs form. Please do not ask us to claim less than the actual purchase amount. It is the customers responsibility to know the legality of the products ordered in their country. Do not order items that are illegal to import into your country. Laws are different in every country and we cannot keep up with them all. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to see if your country permits the shipment of our products to your country.
As the buyer, it is your responsibility to find out that information before you order. Please contact your local customs office for information.
To avoid a delay in receiving your order from customs, consider the following:
- Provide us with a phone number where you can be reached by customs when your product arrives. This phone number will be listed on the commercial invoice so customs can reach you to clear your order.
- Please do not refuse a shipment or ignore requests from carriers regarding duty and/or tax liability charges. Be aware that most carriers will hold a shipment for 5 days after arrival in your country before they return it to the sender.
- We do not refund original shipping charges for goods that are refused for delivery at customs.
- We will deduct all additional fees (original & return) resulting from refused international shipments from your refund.
- If we are charged for YOUR taxes and duties on the shipment or incur any penalty or lawsuit related to your order or shipment, we will post the charge to your credit card.
If the package is seized by Customs for any reason and we do not receive the package back, we will NOT issue you a refund since, obviously, local laws and regulations determine the fate of the package. If we do receive the package back after being seized, you are still responsible for the shipping charges and any other fees plus penalties incurred.
Shipment of certain scooters into Canada is not possible, as Canadian DOT requirements are such that we'd have to manufacture a special scooter just to meet these regulations and this is not feasible at this time.
Below is a list of the models that can be sent to Canada:
Summit 48V, Rubicon 48V, Sedona 48V, Catalina 48V Santa 48V, TrailMaker, TrailClimber, X-Cursion, Newport, Malibu, Alpine, Sierra, XB-504, Cabo Cruiser (500w)
Anything outside of the USA incurs additional shipping charges. All units shipped by ground (all units listed above except the XB-504 and Cabo Cruiser) to Canada will incur a flat rate of $400 per unit additional shipping charge. This includes shipping and customs/duties fees. Customer is not responsible for any additional fees associated with the delivery of their unit. All fees will be covered by the flat rate fee.
All units shipped by freight (XB-504 and Cabo Cruiser) will incur a flat rate of $200 per unit additional shipping charger. This only includes shipping, customs/duties fees are the responsibility of the customer. Customer must arrange custom’s clearance with the broker of their choice and payment for those additional fees will need to be made prior to delivery. If a shipment crosses the Canadian border and the customer later refuses, all shipping fees and custom's fees already incurred will be deducted from the refund.